Sunday, November 05, 2006


The kindness of strangers.

Blogging has surprised me. I thought it would be a useful diary for self reflection, somewhere to practice IT skills and keep useful weblinks for future use. It didn't really occur to me that people I don't know would give of their time and expertise to help me become a teacher. I do know and love the Gorgeous Geek and Tallulahfred but would never have used what little face to face time we have together to discuss the details of a lesson planning problem. I put it in my blog the way I might have in a diary but in a more legible hand and instead of festering there my questions received answers from the blogosphere.

If I had considered this I might have called my blog "Streetcar" and used the name Blanche. She had much better shoes than Willie Loman.

1 Comments:

Blogger TallulahFred said...

You're always welcome to use our time together to discuss lesson planning or any other subject in the whole world that you might wish to discuss (except possibly the plot line of the Archers because A) I don't believe it has a plot and B) I will pass out in boredom).
The GG and I fully expect and want to be as involved in your daily lives as we would be should we be living a mere 12 miles away as opposed to 400! You could argue we have a right to seeing as we're blood related! You see, genetics means you're entitled to dump all your concerns, thoughts, fears, hopes etc on us (hooray!.

Plus, although my education qualification is in adult tutoring, there appear to be similarities and I find it interesting to philosophise and think about the theory. It's a pleasant change from planning cutting and sticking based activities for 5 year olds or doing boring budgety stuff.
Here endeth the lecture...

6:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home