Sunday, October 29, 2006

In the kitchen at parties.
Went to a friends birthday party last night. When I sold stuff for a living people I met at parties seemed more or less sane. Does something happen to people when you tell them you are in education? A man I had never met before on hearing that i'm a student teacher immediately launched into a conversation that started with,
"I think they should bring back the belt, the kids now have no discipline etc,etc"
He then went on to tell me all about being given six of the belt and how he never messed about again. When I questioned him about it he explained that he was belted for coughing during assembly and he ended getting six because he refused to hold his hand out for the first saying it wasn't fair. The headmaster got a teacher to hold his arm out before belting him. When I commented that it sounded like child abuse to me he agreed and said he would "deck" any teacher who belted his boy. He then reasserted that they should definately bring back the belt...oh and national service and said I was a wooly liberal for thinking it was wrong for teachers to hit children. Do all teachers attract this kind of mind boggling party animal or is it just me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home