Wednesday, November 29, 2006

and still I rise...
Thank you for the comforting posts. It's taken a few days but i'm beginning to get some perspective on things. I went over the rules with my S1 and behaviour today was exemplary! Because I got so tired I made myself work less and it's actually helped my lesson plans, I think my objectives are getting better. On the negative side I'm still underestimating how much time things will take and getting so engrossed that I don't realise the bell is about to ring and give myself time for a summary and nice close. I really need a giant clock on the classroom wall.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The twitcher & I think you are doing amazingly well! The loss of a member of your family & yet still not only functioning but really caring about your students & teaching....a far cry from peddling drugs my girl! This is real & important. Yes you need to be critical without destructive - but this is a lesson we all need to learn? Once you've mastered it bottle it & hand it out as Christmas presents - we'll all thank you for it!

Love the blog - is so great to see your year unfold. Remember this is the year you get to practice & make mistakes - so don't be hard on yourself that you don't know it all yet. If you did you wouldn't need this year? Just make the most of all the help & advice & remember you don't need to be brilliant until next year - when you will be! x

7:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twitcher is very sad about Lucy. He says to tell Wonderboy that he knows how it feels too. As one door closes another opens. We hope something nice walks in through your door - x

7:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I have the clock back so that I can time "The Dinner" Etc ?

9:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Lucy.

Reading your blog only makes me realise that I could no more be a teacher than be elected next pope. Where's the fun now you can no longer use the threat of violence against them?

4:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home